Today we are looking back at Candida and Dimitri’s wedding Edinburgh’s historic Signet Library . I promise you, this is one of the most elegant weddings you’ve ever seen! The attention to detail in this literary themed wedding, from literary inspired stationery and table decorations, was astonishing and such a delight to capture.
The couple met whilst students, and years later Dimitri proposed to Candida in the Great Hall of Edinburgh Castle, whilst enjoying a weekend break in Edinburgh.
Candida’s elegant updo was styled by Ladylux Salon, with a floral headpiece made of gypsophila adding the final touch.
During the drinks reception, we took a quick trip up Arthur’s Seat for some wedding photos.
You can’t tell by looking at this picture, but the reason Candida isn’t wearing her veil is that we were standing in a wind tunnel and her veil was blown off!
As well as providing the flowers for the wedding the team at Planet Flowers also creative the incredible installation of book pages cascading from the top table.
The birdcage inspired wedding cake, by Liggy’s Cakes, echoed the birdcages decorated with gyspophila around the venue.
The evening music was provided by DJ Phetta and as Dimitri is of Greek heritage, a few Greek traditional dances were danced as well, including a ‘Kalamatianos’ for the ladies and a ‘Sousta’ for the men.
Thank you so much Candida and Dimitri for choosing us to capture your wonderful wedding. We wish you much happiness for the future and hope our paths will cross again.
Candida and Dimitri’s wedding suppliers included:
- Photographer – FIRST LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY
- Film – EDINBURGH WEDDING VIDEOS
- Venue – SIGNET LIBRARY, Edinburgh
- Bride’s Dress – Anna Sully
- Veil – Bespoke, from THE SECRET DRESS HOUSE, Reigate, Surrey
- Shoes – BADGLEY MISCHKA
- Bridesmaid’s dresses – IN ONE CLOTHING
- Shoes – DUNE
- Accessories – MIA LIA
- Flower girl’s dress – JUST DRESSES
- Page boy’s outfit – LITTLE LEGS BABY KILT + STARTRITE SHOES
- Hair stylist – LADYLUX SALON
- Groom’s outfit – MOSS BROS.
- Flowers – PLANET FLOWERS
- Catering – HERITAGE PORTFOLIO
- Cake – LIGGY’S CAKES
- Rings – TIFFANY & CO
- Stationery – SOUTHSIDE PUBLISHING
- Favours – JUST MINIATURES + IKEA
- Transport – MAJESTIC WEDDING CARS EDINBURGH
- Ceremony music – THE CAIRN STRING QUARTET
- Evening music – DJ PHETTA